Algae-Free Limited Warranty
AXIALL Water Treatment Products (a business unit of Westlake Chemical Corporation) in conjunction with your dealer warrants that if you use the Sustain Pool Care System (the "System") in your residential pool, it will stay algae-free for a period of 150 days from each initial System use. Pools must be free of algae before starting on the Sustain 3-Part System to be covered by this warranty. This warranty applies only to residential pools of 40,000 gallons or less, and only if you do the following:
- Take a water sample to your dealer at pool start-up and at least every six weeks to ensure proper pool water balance.
- Apply Sustain Summer Shield Chlorine Extender according to label directions, and use Sustain 3-Inch Blue Chlorination Tablets and Sustain ¾-Inch Blue Shield Energizer Tablets on a routine basis and according to label directions.
- Circulate your pool water at least 12 hours each day.
- Maintain balanced pool water within these ranges:
- pH = 7.2-7.4 ideal
- Total Alkalinity = 80-100 ppm
- Calcium Hardness = 200-800 ppm
- Stabilizer = 30-50 ppm
- Free Available Chlorine = 1-3 ppm
- Summer Shield = 1.5-5 ppm.
- When testing for Summer Shield, a minimum of 1 ppm of chlorine should be present in the water. Note: A Shield reading will appear as Combined Chlorine, so do not be alarmed. Tests performed on pool water do not differentiate “Shielded Chlorine” from Combined Chlorine. When testing for Shielded Chlorine, test for Total and Free Available Chlorine, then subtract FAC from TC to obtain your Shield value.
- TC – FAC = Shielded Chlorine not traditional Combined Chlorine)
- For more information, see Sustain Products section: Step 1 Sustain Summer Shield.
- Use 3-Way Test Strips or a DPD Test Kit to measure Free Available Chlorine and pH at least once each week.
- Re-dose Summer Shield Chlorine Extender every 150 days or when the Shield Extender level falls below 1.5 ppm.
This warranty does not cover algae growth that can be shown to come from poor circulation of the System chemicals or premature dilution of the Sustain Summer Shield Chlorine Extender due to excessive water loss or heavy rainfall. AXIALL Water Treatment Products makes no other express warranties concerning the use for the System’s products and any implied warranties existing as a matter of law shall not exceed the duration of this Limited Warranty. If you use the System in accordance with the parameters outlined above, and you get algae, your Dealer will supply you chemicals to eliminate the algae at no charge.
This is AXIALL Water Treatment Product’s sole liability and is in lieu of any direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages. To make a claim under this Limited Warranty, contact the store where you purchased the System. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other legal rights which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow the exclusive or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
*TA level should be determined in accordance with pH, CH, Stabilizer and temperature.